Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day of the Dead Poppet Pendant

I had such a great day yesterday. Between the gorgeous day they were having in Santa Cruz, and the great company for dinner in Boulder Creek I don't think I could have asked for more. Of course a long day like that always exacts a little toll on my body and today I have been a bit sore all over and slightly cranky to be back in this horrible heat! A fish out of water indeed.

I did a bit of moping today and didn't think I would get anything at all done, but I got a bit of energy a few hours and managed to photograph and list the Day of the Dead Poppet Pendant on my Night's Vision Etsy Shop . It was a bit frustrating to take the photos and I am not really happy with them. I wish I hadn't gotten sick in the middle of that photography class!

I'm a little bit embarrassed to admit that sometimes receiving no feedback on my work can put me into a little bit of a depressive, and anxious state. I was hoping I would get some good views yesterday on my shop from the showcase spot I bought, but not even one little heart. I know it's a hard time for everyone these days, but that kind of thing does make you question yourself a bit. I've always figured my stuff isn't the norm but it's stuff that makes ME happy and there has got to be a few people out there in the world that have similar taste, no? Good thing I'm stubborn and don't plan on stopping what I do anytime soon. If anyone ever has any time I'd always always love to hear what you think! Thanks!




2 comments:

  1. Love your Day of the Dead necklace! I think it's super cute! I think that's the worst part of being an artist and not doing art shows, you don't hear the feedback as much. I think we all like hearing when people respond to our artwork. Hang in there :o) Thanks for droping by my blog :o) xo Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! It does seem hard not having an actual physical community to look to. Maybe someday I will.

    ReplyDelete