Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ooops!

I can't believe how long it's been since I made a blog post! Things have been incredibly busy in my little world, and unfortunately it's kept me from keeping up with things like this. In February I spend a few weeks in Arizona with my mother and Cyd. We went to help my Aunt and Uncle with the clearing out process from both my Aunt and Grandmother's deaths. Not only is that kind of work physically exhausting but more so I believe it takes a deep emotional toll. By the end I was rather numb, and it wasn't even the end.

 My Aunt was a very talented jewelry maker and polymer clay artist. I wound up bringing most of her studio back with me. So, I had to go about figuring out how to fit it all into my world. That included a complete overhaul of my "studio" which has also always been the guest bedroom. With all the changes i made it is now much more a studio than a bedroom. We replaced the queen bed with a futon that I think will be very comfy for my Mom when she comes to visit. I don't know about you, but it's super important to me that the place I work in is inspiring to me, so not only does it have to be functional but it has to look good too!

Here are just a few pictures of what I wound up with.





Believe it or not I have actually gotten some work done here as well! More on that soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment