Thursday, February 24, 2011

Taking it slow

Today I worked on my green girl who to me represents the heart of the deep forest. She was originally made in 2008, but I have never felt she was quite finished. Last night and today I spent a few hours reworking her in hopes that she and I could agree on her fabulousity and send her out into the world. I worked just an hour here and an hour there and I think she's done. This is a picture of her previously. Pictures of the update will come soon! As soon as I figure out how to actually take a decent picture.

I think I may be learning a little bit of balance in my life. If you have read my profile you will see that I mention being bi-polar. I find this both a blessing and a curse as a creative, artistic type of person. On one hand there are times when I seem to have a source of unlimited ideas and a drive to work work work. On the other there are times when all of my energy is suddenly gone and nothing at all can get done as I struggle to pull myself out of depressions. It's often been an all or nothing type of thing. I've been worried to fully explore doll making, because there have been too many times where I have worked frantically for several days rarely even sleeping. Eventually my body gives out if nothing else and I find myself crashed, or sometimes even sick.

It's been a struggle to learn that it does not have to be that way. I find it really refreshing that I can put in a few hours at a time and then walk away to do something else. This way I can try to give attention to some other things in my life once in a while and I don't feel so frantic and frazzled. Here's to hoping I can keep it up and continue to learn healthy habits for my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment