Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspiration of the Day- Artichoke Blossom

I'm always fascinated with the world around me and find so much inspiration everywhere I go. A lot of the times it's natural things, sometimes completely unnatural. I like things that make me gasp at their beauty or crack up at their absurdity the best. I try to take at least one picture a day of something that made me laugh or smile. It makes me happy to be able to grab my phone at any time and find a record of what was in my world on any given day. I highly recommend it. You should try it. I think I'm going to try to post a couple of them a few times a week. I'd love it if you shared yours with me in comments! Or post it in your own journal and leave a link so we can all check each others inspiration out!

The last few years I grew spectacular gardens that gave me so many moments of joy. I have a ton of pictures from them and they always make me smile! This year there were so many different forces at play in my life that I was unable to plant a garden at all. We were lucky that our artichoke plant came back ten times greater than last year. I've been a bit lazy and busy the last few weeks so we let several artichokes stay on the plant. They just started blossoming and I tell you those blooms stopped me in my tracks. When I look at them I feel breathless they hold such a strange beauty. I'm happy I can share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment